An integrated campaign designed to explain a new vision and business strategy to IMI plc’s customers and employees
A FTSE company, the global engineering group IMI embarked on an overhaul of its business and brand strategy as part of a major business improvement programme. This involved a new brand identity, the restructuring of its operating divisions, and the introduction of a shared group vision and values. The two largest of these new divisions – IMI Precision Engineering and IMI Critical Engineering – commissioned Wyatt to help communicate these changes to its customers and workforce, the latter involving the engagement of 8000+ employees in over 100 locations and 75 countries.
Our involvement began at a conference in Houston, Texas where the new branding was unveiled. During this conference, we liaised with senior management, interviewed employees and co-ordinated all photography and film. This included creating a short refresh of Day 1 activity (edited overnight) and filming interviews of delegates in order to create ‘feel good’ promotions for the wider business. These assets were then used in ongoing communications.
To help these two key divisions communicate change to customers and employees we created a detailed communications plan, together with a comprehensive campaign translated into 11 languages.
The roll-out of the communications included:
- New brand stories for both of the divisions
- Brand advertising and e-marketing campaign promoting the new direction and strategy
- Detailed presentations, delivered at locations across the world by senior managers
- Videos, including an introduction to the new Group approach and a speech from the CEO
- Purpose-built ‘training’ for all employees, taking place at multiple locations
- Writing, design and production of a new website and printed collateral (IMI Precision Engineering)
- PR & content management
- Event design and support
Feedback has indicated that the communications have proved successful, and Wyatt is currently engaged in providing on-going support – including communication of these changes to customers.